Our Next Circle
For Leaders in Portfolio Careers
Staying engaged with the business and wider community
Our Next Circle (ONC) is the Circle’s latest platform for Leaders and Directors who have moved or transitioned from full-time employment into a Portfolio Career.
The objective is to build a forum that offers shared experiences, ideas and knowledge transfer for those who wish to stay engaged in the business and wider community.
ONC has been developed to:
- share professional opportunities such as directorships, consulting and short-term projects;
- provide continuous learning; and
- offer opportunities to ‘give back.’
ONC comprises monthly briefings featuring business and government leaders speaking on the following Series:
- Stories I Can Now Share features personal stories that leaders could not discuss in previous roles, including anecdotes, incidents and challenges that remained secret at the time but can now be shared with peers, perspectives on some business highs and lows, ‘war stories’, and observations about current business.
- New Tech Trends covers topics such as AI, Blockchain, Robots and some of the new developments that face Directors. It will provide insights that will help increase their understanding so that they can better fulfill their roles and responsibilities. This may include coverage of VC developments, start-up stories and the Ethics of AI.
- Giving Back hosts leaders and organisations who will provide practical advice to Directors on ‘giving back’ including opportunities to make contributions via mentoring, micro-financing and business advising.
The Hon. Nick Greiner AC, Chairman, QBE Asia Pacific
Joseph Healy, Co-CEO & Co-Founder and David Hornery, Co-CEO & Co-Founder, Judo Bank
Air Chief Marshal Sir Angus Houston AK, AFC (Ret’d), Former Chief of the Australian Defence Force
Wendy McCarthy AO, Life Fellow AICD, Mentor, Educator, Company Advisor
Rt Hon Dame Jenny Shipley DNZM, Former Prime Minister of New Zealand and Commercial Director
Paul Smith, Technology, Technology Editor, Australian Financial Review
Tony Stuart, Chief Executive Officer, UNICEF Australia
Pamela Williams, Investigative Journalist and Author, Australian Financial Review
For more information, please contact Cerise Devaux, Our Next Circle Cerise.Devaux@buscircle.com